The One-Step Midstream Early Pregnancy Test is a fast, convenient, safe, proven method for the early detection of pregnancy. The test can be quickly performed at any time pregnancy is suspected. Highly sensitive, the One-Step Midstream test can detect pregnancy as early as one day after a missed period or approximately one week (8-12 days) after the moment of conception.
The One-Step Midstream Pregnancy test utilises a combination of monoclonal and polyclonal antibody reagents to selectively detect elevated levels of the hCG hormone in urine. By capillary action, the urine sample migrates over the test area and reacts with the impregnated reagents to form visible coloured bands in the test window. The presence of hCG hormone in concentrations of 25 mIU/ml or greater will result in the formation of a distinct coloured band in the test area thus indicating a positive result for pregnancy.
Conversely, if no line appears in the test area, the the test is negative.
MidStream" technology eliminates the need for urine sample collection and handling and therefore is preferred by many women for its ease of use and simplicity. Most brands available in retail stores utilize the "midstream" method for these reasons. Testing is done by removing the test from the sealed pouch, removing the cap from the capillary wick, and holding the wick directly in the urine stream for at least three - six seconds.
The One-Step Midstream test incorporates a unique sealed plastic housing over the visual test result windows eliminating the possibility of inadvertent test contamination through exposure of these sensitive development areas. The protective cap is then returned to its position over the wick and the test device is placed on a flat surface. The automatic capillary action can then be observed as the test develops. Depending on the concentration of hCG, positive results may be observed as soon as 40 seconds. To confirm a negative result wait 5 minutes.
What comes with the test?
The cost of the kit includes everything you need to complete the test. Simple and easy to use, supplied with easy to understand instructions. Each test is individually packaged in a sterile, foil pouch with the expiration date clearly displayed and contains a desiccant to protect against moisture. All tests have a long expiry date.
- Extremely sensitive: the sensitivity of the One-Step Midstream Pregnancy test is < 25 mIU/ml hCG which is the among the most sensitive human hCG midstream tests available professionally and Over The Counter.
- Midstream Format: means no sample collection or urine handling necessary, test anytime & anywhere.
- Early detection: Can be used as early as the first day after a missed period or 8-12 days after conception.
- Easy to read: results within Three (3) minutes or less.
- Accurate: 99% accurate when used according to instructions.
- Reliable: Improved performance with a sealed test result window eliminating the possibility of test contamination.
- Superb Value: Save £££'s on high street chemist prices.
- Very Discreet: Tests are posted in a very discreet jiffy bag no markings as to the contents via 1st Class UK delivery.
Type of Test